ColourPop Magic Moon Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a light-medium, pink-leaning coral with a satiny sheen. It had smoother, finer pearl throughout that gave it a luminous finish on skin but wasn’t as noticeably shimmery as most shades in the formula.
It had opaque pigmentation when applied with a fingertip and more medium, buildable coverage applied with a synthetic brush, which is how the formula is marketed. The texture was slightly wet to the touch, emollient, and lightweight–it had that clay-like feel, where it could be depressed with a fingertip and then turned powder-like on skin. The blush applied well to bare skin as well as over foundation as it applied evenly and blended out nicely. It stayed on well for nine and a half hours before fading visibly on me.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Guerlain Gold Palette #7 (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- NARS Angel Pride I (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Creamy Peach (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Orgasm (P, $30.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Freedom (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Winter 2018 (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Count Me In (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- KIKO 108 Orange Coral (DC, $12.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Persona Carmel (P, $22.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Patrick Ta She’s Passionate (P, $32.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. – $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “buildable” coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield “higher coverage”) or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It’s a cream-based product that has a subtle, “wet” feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one’s base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won’t slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!