Huda Beauty Luna N.Y.M.P.H. Glaze Skin Glowing Perfector ($35.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a light-medium gold with moderate, warm undertones and a luminous, lightly dewy sheen. It had medium, buildable color coverage that was more inclined to sheer out as the creamy consistency spread out across my skin.
The texture was creamy, smooth, and moderately emollient, but on the lighter, slightly thinner side with some tackiness. It applied better over bare skin when using fingertips but needed a stippling brush to apply more evenly on top of foundation as I felt like fingertips could lift up base products a bit (it wasn’t always but did occur). The formula remained slightly dewy and tacky to the touch but didn’t catch hair flyaways during wear. It lasted well for eight hours before fading visibly.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Makeup Geek Midnight Sun (P, $20.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Algenist Champagne (PiP, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- NYX Daytime Halo (P, $6.99) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Liquid Sky (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Medium-Nude (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Reflects Gilt (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Golden Glow (003) (P, $50.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Universal (001) (P, $38.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Champagne Bubbles (P, $12.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Goldgasm (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
The formula is supposed to work applied under or over makeup, whether as a “pre-makeup base” or as a standalone highlighter. It is described as having a “super blendable” and “buildable” formula that is long-wearing and gives a “lit-from-within-finish.” It had more medium, buildable coverage, which seemed in line with the marketing, that wanted to be blended out on bare skin so building up was best when one let the initial layer dry down a little.
The texture was moderately creamy, emollient, and a touch tacky, which gave it better hold overall but made it more prone to lifting up base products when applied with fingertips. I didn’t have any lifting when I used a stippling brush to apply, though. The formula lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Huda Beauty N.Y.M.P.H. Glaze Skin Glowing Perfector swatches.
phbc-2001-go- 030p butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, mica, octyldodecanol, diisopropyl sebacate, polybutene, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/copernicia cerifera cera/cire de carnauba, diisostearyl malate, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/euphorbia cerifera cera/cire de candelilla, glyceryl behenate/eicosadioate, squalene, tocopherol, silica dimethyl silylate, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beta-sitosterol, tin oxide, titanium dioxide / ci 77891, iron oxides / ci 77491.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.