Huda Beauty Tan Light GloWish Soft Radiance Bronzing Powder ($31.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with warmer, more orange-leaning undertones and a “natural matte” finish that wasn’t fully flat and matte but wasn’t overtly shimmery on skin. The texture was smooth to the touch, almost cream-like as it was a bit more firmly-pressed into the pan (though not stiff!) and gave me a lot of control over how much product I picked up on my brush.
The opacity was more semi-opaque than it was truly buildable, as I needed to use a lighter hand to do so, which was certainly an option as it is with most pigmented products. The powder applied beautifully to my skin, blended out with almost no effort, and stayed on well for eight and a half hours before starting to fade visibly.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Dior Warm Terra (002) (LE, $49.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Cover FX Sunkissed Bronze (Left) (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Dior Soft Terra (001) (LE, $49.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Private Island (P, $30.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Give Me Life (LE, $28.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Suntan Bronze (Left) (PiP, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lovegasm Bronze (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Perk Up (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Tan (3) (P, $55.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Giddy Like (PiP, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
The formula is supposed to be “buildable” and “easy to use” with a “light-as-air, non-powdery texture” that lasts for “12 [hours].” The coverage was more semi-opaque to opaque, but the texture was forgiving and lived up to the “non-powdery” claim so a lighter hand was all that was necessary to pick up less product.
The texture was smooth, silky, and finely-milled with a firmer press that wasn’t stiff, so product picked up readily on a brush but was easy to control. The powders applied well to bare skin as well as over foundation, as they diffused easily, blended out and sat flatteringly on skin. They had a more “natural” matte finish where they did not appear totally flat and matte but weren’t overtly shimmery either.
The shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me before showing signs of fading, and most shades had around 70% of product visible at the 12-hour mark.
Browse all of our Huda Beauty GloWish Soft Radiance Bronzing Powder swatches.
mica, silica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, dimethicone, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, dodecane, rosa damascena flower oil, capsicum annuum extract, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, tocopherol, glycerin, squalene, ethylhexylglycerin, citronellyl methylcrotonate, triethylhexanoin, c30-45 alkyl dimethicone, phenylisopropyl dimethicone, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, sorbitan sesquioleate, dimethiconol, beta-sitosterol, sodium benzoate, citric acid, sodium salicylate, xanthan gum, iron oxides / ci 77491, iron oxides / ci 77492, iron oxides / ci 77499, titanium dioxide / ci 77891.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.