Beautylish Holiday 2021 Gift Card Event starts tomorrow, October 21st, at 9AM PT (noon ET), and ends October 24th, midnight PT.
During the event, you’ll receive a $20 Beautylish Gift Card for every $100 spent. There will also be gift with purchases available for a myriad of brands along with a restock of Sonia G brushes. Here are some recs…
Natasha Denona Metropolis Mini Eyeshadow Palette ($25.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a new, limited edition mini palette that expands on the Metropolis 28-pan… Read full review.
Natasha Denona Baby Glam Micro Eyeshadow Palette ($19.00 for 0.09 oz.) is a new, limited edition micro palette–three mini-sized pans in a plastic… Read full review.
Natasha Denona Retro 15-Pan Small Eyeshadow Palette ($65.00 for 0.67 oz.) is the newest mid-size palette release from the brand. It includes a mix of… Read full review.
Anastasia Jackie Aina Eyeshadow Palette ($45.00 for 0.392 oz.) is a new, limited edition palette that features 14 shades across three Pressed Pigments… Read full review.
I’m truly impressed by how many Sonia G. brushes have become my favorites. I reach for them over most of my other brushes–which are still very much fantastic brushes–but Sonia G. is just that extra bump up in quality, whether the density, shape, or feel of the brush in the hand.
Here’s a quick cheat sheet to my most-used Sonia G. brushes… how do I know? Because they’re the ones I’ve purchased multiples of!
- Sonia G. Flat Definer ($28.00) — really good for working with denser or more cream-based products to work into the inner corner or the inner tearduct
- Sonia G. Classic Crease ($34.00) — for more diffused crease work, it’s more of a medium-large size brush head for me so I use it more for diffusing and blending out product I’ve applied with a more precise crease brush
- Sonia G. Mini Booster ($26.00) — it’s a very precise crease brush–the type I always gravitate toward–and for anyone who likes a very precise, deep crease color placement or for blowing out the lower lash line (precision of a smudger but the diffusion of a crease brush). I have FIVE of these!
- Sonia G. Soft Shader ($34.00) — perfect for applying a shimmer all over the brow bone, inner tear duct, or to blend everything together
- Sonia G. Builder Three ($32.00) — this is another brush that I have five or six of because it’s become one of my go-to brushes for packing on eyeshadow on the lid.
- Sonia G. Designer Pro ($46.00) — love this for applying blush, bronzer, and highlighter
- Sonia G. Sculpt Three ($32.00) — I love this small fan brush for diffusing out the edge of a highlighter or blush without blowing it too far out or for applying a more stark highlighter
- Sonia G. Face Two ($48.00) — I love the buffer-like shape of this brush (but smaller and more giving) for applying blushes to the apples of my cheeks and diffusing outward
We can’t forget about Smith Cosmetics’ brushes! My favorite type of brushes from them are their eye brushes, particularly these five:
Here are some of my favorite skincare picks from products I’ve used and/or repurchased, though I don’t tend to write specific reviews for skincare (they tend to go into year-end favorites/editor’s choice awards!).
- Farmacy Green Cleans Cleansing Balm ($34) — I’m pretty sure I’ve gone through half a dozen tubs at this point… including some jumbo-sized ones.
- Good Molecules Hyaluronic Acid Serum ($6) — I’ve repurchased this many times! It’s affordable, effective way to add in HA to one’s routine.
- Good Molecules Niacinamide Serum ($6) — I’ve been using this along with the HA serum almost since they launched, and I usually repurchase both this and the HA serum together.
- Mahalo Rare Indigo Beauty Balm ($110) — I’ve been a fan of MAHALO since before they launched on Beautylish, and this is my favorite from the brand, which I’ve repurchased three times! It’s one of the pricier items in my routine, so I usually pick it up during the event myself.
Green Clean has become a go-to–replacing my shu uemura cleansing oil!–for removing makeup thoroughly and efficiently. I love how well it rinses off and doesn’t leave any residue behind.
I’ve gone through almost three jars of this one! It’s a deeply hydrating balm that I like to use at night (usually a few hours before I go to bed) as it really calms my skin down and improves the hydration by the morning. It does take awhile to absorb and sink in, though!