Chanel Lumiere (46) Ombre Premiere Laque ($36.00 for 0.2 oz.) is a light-medium gold with warmer undertones and a smooth, metallic sheen. It had medium color coverage in a single layer, which could be built up (as marketed) or sheered out if desired. I found it was easiest to use as an all over lid shade applied with a fluffy, synthetic brush and then layered up for greater coverage. The texture was lightweight, thin, and spreadable without being too runny or too thick. It wore well for nine hours before creasing faintly.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tarte Paradise Found (P, $22.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Gold Foil (45) (P, $30.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Chanel Mediterraneen #2 (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Easy Smokey Day (Prime) (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Astral Gold Allure (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Secret Garden Rendezvous #1 (LE, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Galactic Gold (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay No Shame (LE, $20.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Too Faced Spiked Eggnog (LE, $16.00) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).
$36.00/0.2 oz. – $180.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “lustrous, buildable colour” that can be “smudged out easily with fingertips” or with the “included applicator.” I’d argue that most shades were semi-opaque to opaque in a single layer, and the liquid format made them easy enough to sheer out for more of that “veil” of shimmer that was described. I found them usable as standalone eyeshadows as well as for layering on top of other products or as a wash of shimmer.
The consistency was lightweight, more watery initially, but it set to a transfer-resistant finish within 10 to 20 seconds. The shimmer within the formula seemed finer, so while it had a sheen and sparkle, it sat more smoothly on my skin and was easier to diffuse and spread out for an even result. They lasted for over 10 hours without fading, flaking, or creasing on me, but if you do more moderate blending with a brush after they’ve dried down, you risk potential flaking (not uncommon once something is fully set but always worth noting).
Browse all of our Chanel Ombre Premiere Laque swatches.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!