($16.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium brown with warmer, more golden undertones and a natural sheen. The finish had some noticeable dewiness on my skin and never fully dried down, so it retained that sheen throughout the wear, though it wasn’t the longest-wearing formula (but wore away well).
The texture was lightweight, emollient, and thin without being tacky, which helped the product apply well over bare skin as well as on top of foundation as it did not lift away my base products or create patchiness. It had sheer to semi-sheer pigmentation that I could build up to medium coverage if desired. It wore nicely for seven hours before fading visibly.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Charlotte Tilbury Tan/Dark (6.5) (P, $44.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Hunnie Glaze (P, $32.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Dark (7) (P, $44.00) is more shimmery, darker, brighter (90% similar).
- REFY Tan (P, $26.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Desert Nights (P, $48.00) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Skinny Dip (PiP, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Peppermint Mocha (LE, ) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty I$land Ting (P, $30.00) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- Becca Borealis (5.5) (-, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Your Wish is My Command (LE, $35.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
$16.00/0.15 oz. – $106.67 Per Ounce
The formula is described as “buttery soft, easy to blend” and is supposed to have “sheer, buildable coverage with a soft, skin-like finish.” Though it’s available in three types–highlighter, contour/bronzer, and blush–they formulas do not differ dramatically in terms of performance and feel.
It had sheer coverage that was buildable to more medium coverage, but getting full-on opacity didn’t seem like it was really in the realm of possibilities, so those who either need or want greater, truer-to-pan coverage may not find it as workable. I’d recommend sticking with deeper shades for those who need or want more coverage, too, as the lighter shades were less buildable.
As a cheek product, the formula applied evenly and blended out well on bare skin as well as patted over base products as it wasn’t a formula prone to lifting up complexion products. The finish was dewier, though it seemed to soften a bit after an hour or so of wear. They wear was between six and seven hours before there was noticeable fading and/or light movement/slide. I had the best wear when applied over a more matte foundation as compared to bare skin or a dewier/more luminous foundation choice.
Browse all of our Salt New York Sculpt and Bronze Crème Tint swatches.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Candelilla Wax, Kaolin Clay, Silica, Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed Oil), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Seed Oil), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Seed Oil), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower Seed Oil), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Extract), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.