Pat McGrath Pale Moon Skintillating Diamond Body Shimmer ($52.00 for 0.70 oz.) is a light, golden peach with flecks of larger pink and gold sparkle throughout. It had a translucent base–as marketed–with a drier, looser feel that “puffed” up every time I opened it, so it was a bit messy to use and prone to losing product. I have found this to be consistent with loose body shimmers in this type of packaging, though.
I did not feel like there was a lot of finesse to the formula, so while it had a pretty effect applied to the skin, it did not adhere that well–not evenly, not precisely, and was very easy dusted away–so it had to be applied over more hydrated skin. This was one method recommended by the brand for greater intensity but it was really required for any intensity that lasted longer than a couple of hours.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Gnomie (P, $7.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop On the Cusp (LE, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Le Lion de Chanel (LE, $70.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Benefit Cookie (P, $30.00) is lighter, more pigmented, cooler (85% similar).
- Hourglass Absolute Strobe Light (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Dior Golden Glow (04) (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Milk Makeup Blitzed (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, lighter, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Cover FX Moonlight (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tarte Snow Kissed (LE, $28.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Dior Nude Glow (001) (P, $50.00) is less shimmery, lighter, more pigmented (85% similar).
$52.00/0.7 oz. – $74.29 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “translucent coverage” and is “lightly fragrance” (slightly floral-ish). It was, in fact, on the more translucent side and a lot of the impact and coverage depended on applicator method and how much was picked up since it was a loose product. I found that it was a drier loose product that did not adhere that well to bare skin, so I would recommend applying over damp skin.
While the brand recommended application over hydrated skin, that was for higher intensity; I found it difficult to get longevity and precision without doing so.
Browse all of our Pat McGrath Skintillating Diamond Body Shimmer swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Mica, Squalane, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum). (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.